How does this work?
We start with phone and/or video consult to triage patients first, and can offer face to face sessions for cases that we NEED to see in clinic.
We need to be sure that the benefit of treatment outweighs the risk of Covid-19 cross infection, so you need to be
– otherwise fit and healthy, and
– no-one at home or in close contact with you has Covid-type symptoms.
– not have significant health issues (diabetes, liver, other organs).
PLEASE CALL US TO ARRANGE or DISCUSS AN APPOINTMENT 01403 276272 or 01403 210313
Our number one priority is the health and well-being of our clients and staff, so using government and profession body advice, we are taking wide ranging measures to be an ‘Infection Safer Space’ and reduce the risk for staff and clients who attend for care here.
We will also continue to offer high quality care using the video link service, which has proved extremely effective and convenient for clients who haven’t been able to attend clinic. If you need advice on self management, or currently on treatment and need advice on progressing your exercise we can do a lot of that on-line.
BUPA, HEALIX, WPA and HCML have agreed to on-line consults for current patients.
Call on 01403 27672, or email us using <firstname.lastname@example.org>
You can use the same email address to find me on skype,
or to connect using ZOOM.</email@example.com>
If you need to come in, be reassured:
– being super vigilant with hand washing
– providing hand sanitizers at multiple points in the clinic
– regularly cleaning and disinfecting all surfaces & door handle areas after each session / clinic
– contacting and verbally screening all clients the day before their appointment
– operating the recommended Social Distancing/Spacing in the clinic, with 2+metre gaps between chairs n the waiting area,
We are asking our clients to play their part with as follows:
– asking patients to only attend at their allocated appointment times, and not spend unnecessary time in the waiting area.
– If you arrive early, you’re asked to wait in you cars to allow for social distancing
– If you arrive late for an appointment and we cannot complete your treatment within the allocated time you may have to return for treatment to be completed at a later date. This is to avoid asking clients to wait in our waiting areas.
– Unless you require assistance, please attend the clinic on your own